The TSMP1138 is a miniaturized sensor for receiving the modulated signal of infrared remote control systems. A PIN diode and preamplifier are assembled on a lead frame, the epoxy package is designed as an IR filter. The modulated output signal, carrier out, can be used for repeater applications and code learning applications.
This component has not been qualified according to automotive specifications.
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• AC coupled response from 30 kHz to 55 kHz, all
• If the IR singal strength is less then 300 mW/m2
(distance more than 0.6 m with a typical IR
remote control), the frequency range is up to
• Improved shielding against electrical field
• AGC to suppress ambient noise
• High sensitivity, long receiving range
• Supply voltage: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
• Carrier out signal for IR repeater applications
• Material categorization: For definitions of compliance
please see www.vishay.com/doc?99912