The TDA8722 is a programmable modulator which generates an RF TV channel from a baseband video signal and a baseband audio signal in the event of negative video and FM sound standards (PAL B/G, I, D/K and NTSC).
• Video amplifier with clamp and white clip circuits
• FM sound modulator
• Asymmetrical and symmetrical RF outputs available
• Symmetrical RF oscillator using only a few external
• External adjusting of modulation depth and level of the
• I2C-bus receiver for frequency setting and test-mode
• One I2C programmable output port
• On-chip Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) frequency
• On-chip power supply regulator
• Bus switchable oscillator
• On-chip Test Pattern Signal Generator (TPSG).
• Video recorders
• Cable converters
• Satellite receivers.